After a slow start, Detroit relied on our mass murderer, effort and hustle to beat a tough Boston team again 4-2 on the NBC. It was a little closer than Friday’s multilation, but after letting up another early goal, Detroit stayed strong for the last 55 or so minutes for a solid effort.
A few notes:
- You gotta give it to Bertuzzi today. He drove the net hard all game like Heatley driving a Ferrari. First goal was a gift, but was also because of Bertuzzi’s read of the play and patience in front of the net.
- The second goal against was Salei’s fault through and through. It was a two on two and he left his man.
- Howard had a hell of a time standing up today. He was solid though again which is good to see. I’m confident with him in net.
- Our fourth line had a hell of a game. Abby, Miller and Homer kept the puck in the B’s zone for a hell of a long time in the second. Abby particularly had a great game.
- What a shot by Draper. He’s showing his value still with his sixth goal of the year.
- Huge hit by Kronner in the third. Loved it.
- Speaking of Draper, his line with Eaves and Helm has got to be the fastest line in total in the league.
- Another great thing to see is the way that Hudler, Cleary and Datsyuk are clicking. Happy has suddenly become one of the best passers in the league. Since Datsyuk’s return four games ago, Happy has been a +4 with six points in that time.
NOHS Red Wings players of the game:
#1 – Todd Bertuzzi – Hell, he gets it for the weekend. 4 goals in two games.
#2 – Jiri Hudler – Was all over the ice. Great game.
#3 – Brian Rafalski – Was solid defensively and was a +3.
A few days off until the Wings pick up again against Tampa and Stevie Y on Thursday.
Great game today. Go Wings!