The Red Wings sent 13 players back to their respective junior clubs according to Khan(!) late yesterday. They are…
- Darren Archibald (Barrie)
- Louis-Marc Aubry (Montreal)
- Mitchell Callahan (Kelowna)
- Landon Ferraro (Everett)
- Antonin Honejsek (Moose Jaw)
- Stephen Johnston (Windsor)
- Brooks Macek (Tri-City)
- Andrej Nestrasil (PEI)
- Alex Cord (Oakville)
- Gleason Fournier (Rimouski)
- Brenden Kichton (Spokane)
- Marc Zanetti (Ottawa)
- Petr Mrazek (Ottawa)
The famous Red and White Game will be played today at noon, which effectively wraps up Training Camp. Detroit will then head to Pittsburgh for tomorrow’s game against the Penguins as they christen their brand spanking new arena.
Here are the rosters for the Red and White Game:
- Jordan Owens, you may remember, is the player that Detroit got in return for grinder Kris Newbury last season.
- Joakim Andersson, playing on the 4th line with Tatar and Maltby was Detroit’s second round choice in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. The 6’2 205 lbs center is only 21 years old and has played his entire aside from one AHL game with the Griffins during the 2008-2009 season. He signed a three year entry level deal with Detroit this May.
- The fourth line center that they kept on is Jamie Johnson, a 28 year old center. Johnson is listed at 5’11 and 185 lbs. Johnson had 71 points last season for the AHL’s Rochester Americans.
Looks like Team Red has the better top-end players (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom) but Team White might be a little more deep from top to bottom. We’ll have to see how things shake out today – but it should be fun.
Pre-season starts tomorrow. October draws near, my friends…